The mission of the American Massage Therapy Association is to serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy. The AMTA California chapter strives to advance the art, science and practice of massage therapy in a caring, professional and ethical manner in order to promote the health and welfare of humanity.
Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics is a summary statement of the standards by which massage therapists agree to conduct their practices and is a declaration of the general principles of acceptable, ethical, professional behavior. Massage therapists shall:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest-quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional care.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy.
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice, the law of the land and project a professional image.
- Accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self, clients and associates.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients.
Interested in volunteering for a Chapter Board or Appointee position? Please download a